It seems like every time we turn around, there’s a new console or controller devices on the market, and there’s no way to connect these devices to our favorite video games. The good news is if you already have a PS5 lying around, you can use a PS5 DualSense controller on switch. All you need is a wireless adapter.
Your Nintendo Switch is a powerful gaming console. However, switch controllers are relatively lacking in terms of functionality. They’re not the best way to play Nintendo Switch games for a long time. My fingers can go numb while I hold them. The Switch Pro Controller is expensive if you don’t like the feel of these small game pads. In this article I am going to teach you how to connect PS5 dualsense controller to Nintendo Switch console.
You probably think that PS5 is a new console and it has something to do with Sony or general setting. Well, that’s not so.
What You Need to Know Before Connecting Your PS5 DualSense Controller to Switch.
- We need 8Bitdo Wireless Bluetooth USB Adapter for Nintendo Switch. You can purchase from your nearest store or shop online, if you don’t have it.
- The PS5 DualSense controller haptic feedback won’t work on the Nintendo Switch. The basic functions and buttons can still be used.
- Both the original Switch and the Switch OLED can be used with this USB adapter.
- It doesn’t work with the Nintendo Switch lite, so you will have to purchase a separate USB-C cable.
How to use a PS5 Controller on Nintendo Switch consoles wirelessly
- Connect the Nintendo switch to the Dock and plug the adapter to active Bluetooth.
- System settings can be found on the main menu of your switch.
- If you scroll down, you will see controllers and sensors.
- To turn it on, you need to Select Pro Controller Wired Communications.
- Push the button on the bottom of the wireless adapter while your switch is still docked and awake. The blinking light flash faster.
- For five seconds, hold down the PS button and the Share button at the same time. There are blue lights around the PS5 controller that will let you know it’s in pairing mode.
- When the PS5 controller stops flashing and holds a steady color, the two will have pair. You can now play switch games with the PS5 controller.
You’ll miss out on some of the advanced haptic feedback and microphone features.
If you’re unable to connect with switch, you may reset your controller.